Saturday, February 13, 2010

Getting Ready for Baby

With the count-down at 47 days maximum till Little Bit's arrival we've begun to get ready. Last weekend, DH got the cradle out of storage and put it up in our room. We were blessed a few months ago with oodles of disposable diapers ranging from newborn to size 4 by one of DH's Co-workers that she couldn't use because her child has a sensitive bottom. Yesterday, DH and I had the opportunity to spend the day by our selves. We went shopping and I found the perfect little sleeper to bring Little Bit home in. It's pink with darker pink flowers and lady bugs on it. The feet are ladybug faces. I'm excited about it. The biggest thing we did to get ready for Little Bit's arrival, though is the new van we have sitting in our driveway. We've recently purchased a 12 (yes that's right) passenger van. My Freestyle, though it was a 7 passenger vehicle, just had no where to put the 5th car seat(not to mention once we took our first trip with all of Bean's baby paraphernalia, there was no storage space in the trunk either). While a mini-van would've been nice, DH insists I am absolutely NOT allowed to outgrow another car in 3 years, like I have the last 2. He figures that there's no way we will outgrow our new van. I'm not planning on trying to either and it also has plenty of storage space for all our stuff when we make the occasional overnight trip to visit family. I am pleased with the van...or "that Bohemoth" as we call it. It's not a glamorous vehicle, but 99% of the time it gets the job done without too much trouble. Driving it in the fresh snow is an ordeal though. I've never been one to stay in because of the snow, but after driving the Boy to school a few mornings before the roads have been cleared well has changed me. Preschool just isn't that important.

The big kids are looking forward to her arrival. Especially the big girls. I know I am. I'm actually looking forward to all parts of getting her here. I'm anxious to see how Bean takes to her little sister. I don't anticipate any problems, but she's been the "baby" for almost 3 years, so it will be an adjustment for her. Especially when it comes to losing our one-on-one time when the Boy's at school. At least for the most part Little Bit will only eat and sleep which won't change our routines too much.

We had our last ultrasound a week ago. We got some nice pictures of Little Bit. She's still a girl (I'm holding out hope that if I deliver her on April Fools, Dr. Sosic will seriously say "It's a Boy!") She still has HUGE feet. She looks different than the other girls do. Maybe I should say she looks different than Bear and Bean since they are the only two that we had 3D pictures of. She may look like Bug, but she's definitely not going to look like Bear and Bean. I hope she doesn't look too much like her brother. He's a handsome boy, but he just wouldn't make a pretty girl. Know what I mean ;-)


Here are a few of the pictures from her ultrasound. A perfect little fist. All 5 fingers.
Here's a shot of her face. It was difficult to get a good shot because her hands are always in front of her face.
The dark shadow across her upper lip, that Bug called a mustache, is actually her umbilical cord, which she likes to suck on.


The only things I can think of that I still need to get done before Little Bit's arrival are getting out the baby clothes and having them all put away and finding all my stuff that I had saved from when I made Bean's cloth diapers. I need to find them because my diapers start at the 12 pound range with mediums. I need to get everything together so my friend Lynne can make me up the newborn diapers I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment