Monday, October 18, 2010

Oh so Yummy Oatmeal Pancakes



I saw a delish looking recipe for Oatmeal pancakes a while ago somewhere in the blogsphere. The dunce i am didn't bookmark it or write down the site. I vaguely remembered the recipe so I swagbucked for it and this is the one that I found that looked right. These are so good!!! All the little b's ate at least 4 pancakes each and daddy liked them too. They are scrumptious with warm maple syrup or just alone. I'm thinking of adding a few raisins to make smileys the next time I make these since they remind me a little of oatmeal cookies in flavor.



Oh so Yummy Oatmeal Pancakes
1 1/2 C rolled or quick oats
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour ( regular works fine)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C buttermilk or sour milk(1 1/2 TBSP lemon juice plus milk to make 1 1/2 c)
1 c milk
1/4 c applesauce
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 c sugar

In blender or food processor blend rolled oats until they resemble flour. (in my blender I have to do 2 batches, in my food processor not) combine with the rest of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.

combine in a small bowl. mix well and add to the dry ingredients. mix until just combined. cook on a greased/buttered griddle until the edges begin to look done and bubbles form across the top. flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.



These are so yummy!!! The only thing I have noticed is I think there's a little much sugar in them as they go from golden to dark brown to burnt quickly. I'm gonna try reducing the sugar to 1/4 C. I don't think flavor will loose anything but I hope it will help with the color issue. I hope you guys enjoy these as much as we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment